- Theme and Eligibility
Any theme related to global environmental issues is acceptable.
Entrants from any country in any region are accepted. There is no limit on the year of film completion. There is no limit on duration of time of film.
- GREEN IMAGE Grand Prize (one award)……100,000 yen
GREEN IMAGE Award……Memorabilia
- How to Submit Your Film
Fill out the entry form on our website and send the printouts of confirmation mail for submission, DVD, Data of English script with complete dialogue and narration of the film.
Fill out the entry form on our website and send the confirmation mail for submission, the online screener link which can download the video file, Data of English script with complete dialogue and narration of the film.
- October 31, Mon. 2016
- [The 1st Preliminary] December 2016 (Planned)
- [The 2nd Preliminary] January 2017 (Planned)
- [The 4th GREEN IMAGE FILM FESTIVAL] March 2017 (Planned) *Open to the Public
- Please send your entry to
- GREEN IMAGE Film Committee
203 Cosmoseccion Meguro, 5-1-2 Shimomeguro, Meguro-ku, Tokyo 153-0064, Japan
* Please read Rules and Regulations for Submission of the 4th GREEN IMAGE FILM FESTIVAL before you apply.
Rules and Regulations of The 4rd GREEN IMAGE FILM FESTIVAL
- The 4rd GREEN IMAGE FILM FESTIVAL
- Enhance understanding on the global environmental issues through excellent visual image, and provide more people with opportunities to take action to achieve harmonious coexistence with nature and sustainable development.
- GREEN IMAGE Film Committee
- March 2017
- Festival Concept
- Official entries, chosen by public invitation, from all over the world will be screened.
- Films that meet the following conditions are eligible for entry:
(1) Competition entries can be submitted from any countries and regions with covering our concepts irrespective of professionals or amateurs. All forms of visual presentation such as documentary, drama and animation, is accepted. There is no limit for duration of films.
(2) No limits are placed on the (location and nationality of filmmakers and on the year of film completion. Entries that have previously been submitted to and/or awarded by GREEN IMAGE FILM FESTIVAL are not accepted. Multiple entries are accepted: however, a separate entry form must be submitted for each entry.
(3) When using copyrighted works such as music and moving image in a film, entrants must complete required licensing procedures before submitting the film. If an award winner is later found not to obtain the copyright owner’s permission, its award may be canceled. The host assumes no responsibility for any problems.
- Application Procedures
- Entry Fee
- Entry Films
- Entrants should fill out the entry form on our website and send the printouts, DVD, Data of English script with complete dialogue and narration of the film.
- Shipping Costs
- All shipping costs must be borne by the entrant.
- Printouts of confirmation mail for submission, DVDs and the data of English script should be sent to the GREEN IMAGE Film Committee.
- Entry Deadline
- Entry materials must arrive at the GREEN IMAGE Film Committee on or before Monday October 31, 2016.
- Right to Retain Entries
- Entry DVDs and other submitted materials will not be returned to the entrants but will be retained by the host. Host guarantees that these will be used only for reviewing and promotional purposes.
- The host will not be responsible for any damage to or the loss of any entry materials prior to its arrival at the GREEN IMAGE Film Committee.
- Method of Selection
- The 1st Preliminary
- The 1st Preliminary Judging Committee will select films that will go through the 2nd Preliminary.
- Notification of the Results of the 1st Preliminary
- Results of the 1st Preliminary will be notified to nominees on or before Saturday 31 December 2016.
- The 2nd Preliminary
- From those selected by the 1st Preliminary, GREEN IMAGE Award-winning films will be chosen at the 2nd Preliminary Judging Committee.
- Notification to Green Image Award-Winning Filmmakers
- Results of GREEN IMAGE Award will be notified to nominees on or before Tuesday 31 January 2017.
- Screening of GREEN IMAGE Award -Winning Films
- All the GREEN IMAGE Award -Winning Films will be screened at the festival in March 2017. The Review Committee will choose GREEN IMAGE Grand Prize from the GREEN IMAGE Award -Winning Films.
- Terms and Conditions for Award-Winning Films
- Requirements for Films
- Films/tapes that have been selected for the awards must be the master tape or a new print taken from the original. Entrants must give their consent to the following:
a. Subtitles or voice-over may be added to films where deemed necessary or appropriate by the host.
b. The Host may edit any film to be screened by taking still pictures or film footage of three minutes or less for promotion purposes.
c. All films/tapes and related materials must be insured by the entrant against any damage or loss that may occur during shipment or in the course of the festival.
- The cost of printing a film or duplication of a tape, and shipping must be borne by the entrant. The host will cover custom clearance fees.
- Return of Screened Entries
- After screening, all films/tapes will be returned by Friday 30 June 2017. Return shipping costs will be borne by the host.
- Judging Committee and Review Committee will consist of jurors appointed by the host. c
- Outstanding films will receive the following prizes:
GREEN IMAGE Grand Prize (one award)……100,000 yen
GREEN IMAGE Award……Memorabilia
- "GREEN IMAGE Archives"
- Upon conclusion of this festival and with the agreement of entrants, the GREEN IMAGE FILM FESTIVAL may screen all submitted films as part of the "GREEN IMAGE Archives" program at various locations in Japan and other countries for environmental education.
- The Japanese language version of this document takes precedence over all other versions. Entrants in this festival shall agree to abide by the conditions outlined in this document. The host may revise the conditions contained in this document when deemed necessary